Over the past decade, millions of Americans have been forced to put their dreams of homeownership on hold. Home prices have outpaced wage growth while mortgage requirements continue to tighten. As a result, renters are missing out on a critical wealth-building opportunity: owning a home.
At Divvy, we're building an on-ramp to homeownership – one that's more affordable, more flexible, and an overall better fit for the modern American family – and it’s working.
We're looking for a VP Corporate Development to help drive new revenue opportunities at Divvy. Divvy's core business is providing an alternative way to finance a home purchase with a rent-to-own option. Going forward, we're looking to build out new business lines to augment our core business. This is going to start with building out an in-house real estate brokerage in 10+ of our markets. Next, we'll be building a mortgage origination business and then a title/escrow business. In this role, you will be the leader of all three of these new business lines. Your job will be to strategize the business plan, hire a leader for each segment, and execute on growing these businesses from 0 to 1. The ideal candidate for this role thrives in a fast-paced environment and is motivated by difficult challenges that need creative solutions. In this role you will report directly into the CEO and be a key member of the executive team. Your success will be measured by your ability to launch these new business lines and bring them to scale.
- Lead all new business lines for Divvy.
- Strategize how we will grow these new business lines, what the business models will look like, and hire a team to execute on your vision.
- Think through high-level strategic decisions like build vs. buy vs. partner and be able to distill down your findings.
- Present your strategy to the board and other executives.
- Hire a team to execute on the strategy you created.
- Report out on the progress of these initiatives, and alter your strategy where needed.
- You have 15+ years experience in consulting, private equity, or as a GM at a major technology startup (required).
- You have the ability to think about high level strategy, but also a focus on details and execution.
- You have hired and scaled teams previously and had board-level exposure.
- You are comfortable in a rapidly changing and fast pace environment.
- You are willing to knock down walls in order to hit your KPIs / goals.
- Helpful if you've previously worked in residential real estate.
- Part of the executive team
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Diverse, smart, and fun co-workers excited to revolutionize home ownership!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We prioritize a commitment to diversity in our team building process. We enthusiastically encourage individuals from a variety of lived experiences to reach out.
Read Full Job Description