VP, Reimbursement at Alto Pharmacy
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 800 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.Purpose of the Role
Identify and execute against strategies to enhance patient access and reimbursement margin opportunities for Alto.Accelerate your Career as You:
- Set a vision: You have a deep understanding of the payor/PBM business and the evolving managed care landscape. Also, you have an opinionated view of the future of payer strategies and how the payer function should be. You're able to create, communicate, and execute the plan to get there.
- Lead: You have a proven ability to inspire, lead, and work collaboratively across multiple teams. You're able to grasp and articulate complex subjects easily, highly resilient, and able to work in stressful environments.
- Build relationships: You have the rolodex and the relationships to reach into the payer and PBM community and to get Alto differential access to patients and reimbursement streams.
- Prioritize growth orientation: You must be focused on profitable growth. Therefore, a sales/business development orientation is necessary.
- Tell a story and communicate: You're able to translate Alto’s unique value proposition into a clear narrative for the payer community to get direct contracts as needed and to unlock differential value-based reimbursement models.
- Gain a depth of understanding: You can be in the weeds when needed and have the ability to develop a detailed grasp of the company’s datasets, its cross-functional teams, and inner workings to make business recommendations and to provide guidance across Alto's leaders.
- Guide financially and operationally: You understand the pharmacy levers of profitability. You work collaboratively with the other teams to develop actionable plans that contribute to bottom line growth, and you have experience with financial budgeting.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in managed care contracting with or for pharmacies
- Prior experience leading a managed care contracting team at a pharmacy chain, a PBM, or at a PSAO
- Experience working with and gaining insights from large data pools
- Experience attracting and managing talent (data scientists, sales, contracting associates)
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.