Candidate Diligence Manager at Coinbase
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Candidate Diligence Manager will build a new team focused on ensuring due diligence for every prospective Coinbase employee pre-offer. Our ideal candidate will be an innovative self-starter, who is motivated by our mission, is results-driven, and will be able to extract, assimilate, and correlate a wide variety of data in order to help our pre-offer employment process. In this role, you will interact with fast-moving customers, and your challenge will be to execute complex processes and programs with compliance, quality, and speed in mind. You will manage a caseload of pre-employment screens, working both autonomously and collaboratively with fellow team members. Additionally, you will work with HR, L&D and in-house counsel and will interact with employees at all levels of the company, helping to build a world class team at Coinbase.
What you bring:
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in relevant fields, including HR, Compliance, Legal, or Investigations.
- Experience conducting investigations, preferably at a private or publicly-traded company; equivalent case-management, fact-finding, and analytical experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication, with the ability to clearly articulate business problems and solutions to stakeholders.
- Experience building pre-employment screening programs while working cross-functionally to build internal partnerships.
- Efficient execution is critical - ensure we are working efficiently to review a high number of cases and keep up with pipeline.
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and/or metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Research-driven with excellent investigative, critical thinking and customer service skills. An understanding of the judicial process.
- Attention to detail and extremely well organized with proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and work well with deadlines.
- Proficiency in Gsuite preferred.
- Knowledge of EEOC or Fair Chance hiring initiatives is a plus.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Implementing pre-offer employment screening processes and assisting with the development and execution of programmatic initiatives for Coinbase.
- Design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee and stakeholder feedback during pre-employment.
- Use a combination of manual and automated tools to gather data and conduct ad-hoc investigations into pre-employment.
- Work to improve processes and regularly look for opportunities to expand services that align to company goals.
- Proactively explore problems and potential solutions to ensure report compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Contribute to innovation in trust & safety related talent product and service initiatives.
- Communicate cross-functionally with our Talent, Security, and Legal teams to ensure timely resolutions, provide feedback and empower hiring managers to make informed decisions in the hiring process.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado is either $127,075 or $161,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Position ID: P28221
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.