Captain Recruiting and Operations Manager, Caviar for Companies at DoorDash
Caviar for Companies (now part of DoorDash) is changing the way businesses and employees order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Every day our Catering Captains pick up supplies from our Inventory Hubs, then pick up food from restaurant partners and deliver catered meals to thousands of diners at some of the world’s hottest startups and well known brands.About the Role
We’re looking for a Program Manager, People Strategy that can help us source and hire new Catering Captains and ensure their initial onboarding, training and first few months is the best experience possible. You will focus directly on all things recruiting for this national hourly workforce, but also oversee a small team that focuses on their onboarding & training and learning & development. You will work closely with the regional Hub managers and the leaders of the Operations business to ensure quality applicants are converting to quality Captains. This role is essential in our ability to scale nationally and will report directly to the National Operations Lead. Success will be measured by our ability to hire and retain great talent to support our growth.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Create the recruiting strategy for different regions and oversee spend allocation nationally
- Execute on recruiting campaigns - both online, on-the-ground, or a mix of both
- Work with the regional business leaders and National Hub Lead to incorporate the nuances of each region to ensure candidate quality and fit
- Optimize our recruiting funnel and onboarding process to ensure applicants become active Captains
- Analyze acquisition efficiency and cost to optimize spend and use those findings to inform future channel strategy adjustments
- Manage a small team focused on the holistic captain onboarding experience
- Work with the head of Workforce Management to analyze and forecast future Captain supply needs and adjust campaigns accordingly
- Build a well-oiled process that allows us to intentionally dial our pipeline flow up and down as needed
We’re excited about you because…
- You get excited at the idea of being a strategist, analyst AND the person who gets it done
- You’re data-driven and like to leverage analysis on past efforts to inform future campaigns
- You have an intense organization and process-focus - you excel at handling multiple responsibilities at the same time
- You have a growth mindset and are excited to develop your knowledge about recruiting, paid marketing, lead acquisition and marketing strategy
- You're a team player, can take constructive feedback and work well cross-functionally
- You have 4+ years of working history
- You have a background in strategy, marketing or recruiting
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.