Director, Global Benefits at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and-most importantly-affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you've been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
Wish's People Team is looking for a strategic and resourceful Global Director of Benefits to join our team! You will be responsible for designing and driving all benefit programs globally. You'll use your benefits expertise and industry knowledge to create programs that enable our employees to thrive, no matter where they're located!
What you'll be doing:
- Develop Wish's global benefits strategy and programs to support employee well-being and align with Wish's total rewards philosophy
- Provide strategic direction, planning, design and financial oversight of all benefit programs globally, including health, retirement, and leave programs
- Manage all benefits and wellness-related communications, including employee education and training
- Design meaningful wellness programs and events to provide ongoing support for our employees
- Manage relationships with all benefit vendors, carriers and brokers globally
- Drive retirement plans and pension schemes globally including leading the 401(k) committee
- Research market practices and trends to ensure benefit strategy is competitive and aligned with industry best practices
- Partner with our benefit consultants to ensure compliance with all global requirements related to leave management, reporting and federal, state and local requirements such as ACA, COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, GDPR, and HIPAA
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of progressive benefits experience and 5+ years of people management experience
- Expertise in global benefits and applicable laws, with a strong focus on CA state regulations and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Exceptionally organized with a meticulous attention to detail
- Highly collaborative team player with a proactive mindset
- Strong decision-making skills. Able to conduct cost-benefit analyses and make sound recommendations
- Exceptionally analytical with strong financial and business acumen
- Self-sufficient, resourceful and able to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Action-oriented and able to approach challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm
- Experience designing and rolling out global benefit programs in the US, Canada, EU, and APAC
- Experience administering benefits via enterprise-level HRIS, Workday experience is a plus
- CEBS or CBP certification preferred
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.