Director, Global Benefits at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We are looking for someone to lead our global benefits strategy and programs. This highly dynamic role will require you to move from big picture thinking to design to the operational delivery of creative benefits programs that balance our business needs and the employee experience. You will draw on your deep experience as a benefits professional to create strategies that will help Affirm build high-performance teams, create and foster benefits best practices, and optimize and evolve our benefits programs as we grow.What You’ll Do
The Director of Global Benefits oversees the company's benefits programs in regards to plan options, policy features, enrollment and other requirements. This person will be responsible for managing our domestic and international benefits verticals and will be a key member of senior leadership on the Total Rewards team. They will be a key partner in the evolution of Affirm’s Total Rewards programs and our employee value proposition.
- Support Affirm’s business priorities, operational goals, values, and culture by leading the design, development and implementation of Affirm’s global benefits programs
- Lead, manage and streamline all elements of the benefits programs
- Partner closely with domestic and international benefits managers
- Participate in the development of benefits communications to ensure that leaders and employees have the right level of knowledge (including training across key stakeholder groups and employees); ensure communications are well planned and effectively implemented
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of benefits tools and systems
- Partner with other People Team Leaders in the evolution and development of Total Rewards for all employees of Affirm
- Ensure all benefits programs are effectively implemented and in compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Oversee the annual open enrollment cycles globally
- 15+ years of experience in global benefits, including experience across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions
- Progressive benefits management with increasing levels of responsibility in identifying, consulting, designing, recommending, and implementing efficient, innovative solutions
- Deep subject matter expertise, including trends, thought leadership and practical hands-on administration
- Highly effective verbal and written communications skills ; able to distill complex concepts/information to employees and Senior Leaders in a digestible manner
- Proven experience partnering and collaborating internally with People, Finance, and Legal executives and externally with vendors and consultants
- Ability to think strategically and creatively from developing philosophy through execution and implementation
- Highly skilled at analytics, data visualization, planning, process efficiency, organization, critical thinking, and delegation
- Proven ability to grow and develop others to reach their full potential
- Excellent business acumen and judgement; strong team orientation with collaborative style; able to maturely handle sensitive and confidential information
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position in Colorado is listed above.
Read more about what that means for this position; find the Colorado base pay range for the position and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.