Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
This Director-level HRBP will be the strategic people advisor to the Coinbase Engineering and Product leadership teams and their senior managers. You will hire and manage a small team of Engineering and Product-focused HRBPs -- with a mandate to translate business strategy into people strategy and to ensure those functions are executing and thriving at scale.
As a key member of our People team, you will work closely with the Leadership and People teams on strategic people and org decisions, engagement, employee development, diversity, policy, compensation, and performance management initiatives. You’ll provide proactive guidance and counsel and will have the opportunity to improve and impact every employee's experience at Coinbase. Using data, combined with sound judgment and creativity, you’ll directly influence the growth & scaling of our organization. We’re looking for an innovative and adaptable leader to help us continue to build a best in class Engineering and Product organization.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Advise Product & Engineering executives, managers, and stakeholders on people and organizational strategies and programs.
- Partner with Leadership & People teams on org design, planning, and execution at scale.
- Provide coaching/guidance on change management, compensation, talent development, performance management, and employee engagement/experience.
- Approach people matters with a keen awareness of risk and impeccable judgment; help build and apply HR policies and manage employee relations issues.
- Identify specific behaviors that contribute to macro patterns and provide solutions on how to address.
- Analyze trends & use data to develop people programs and influence change.
- Build solid relationships across the business.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum of 8 years of professional human capital experience.
- Significant prior experience partnering with Engineering, Product, and/or Design leadership.
- Demonstrated track record of effectively influencing and partnering with senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to extract key insights from and leverage data and analytics to solve business and people problems.
- Extensive experience in people programs and best practices - and a track record of prioritizing, defining, developing, and rolling out scalable HR solutions that address the needs of the business.
- Excellent relationship building, coaching, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities.
- Reputation for integrity, dedicated work ethic, and desire for ownership & accountability.
- Desire and ability to make Coinbase better.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience working in HC tech consulting, FAANG-tech, high-growth tech startups, and/or fast-paced financial services firms.