Director, Learning & Development at DoorDash
DoorDash is looking for a Director, Learning & Development, to lead the curriculum development, training and ongoing learning of its large, global customer support operation. You will ensure that our 1,000s of frontline teammates have the tools needed to provide excellent customer service, mixing empathetic soft skills with efficient real-time problem solving.
This senior role reports to DoorDash’s Head of Support Operations and is based in San Francisco, CA.
What You’ll Do
- Overall, drive business goals for our large global support operation through engaging agent learning and development
- Build DoorDash’s 0-30-60-90 day new agent onboarding curriculum, ensuring new agents can ramp up as quickly and effectively as possible
- Ensure that we have the right team to provide regular in-person training at over a dozen support centers around the world
- Build-out DoorDash’s ongoing learning to improve the quality of our service delivery
- Determine how to build and use a robust, effective knowledge management system
- Support excellent lesson and instructional design to engage and inform agents at all stages of their education
- Craft how we train agents to the right voice and style for each of our audiences (consumers, Dashers, merchants)
- While prior experience is always valued, first and foremost you are a fundamental problem solver, able to craft and apply the right solution for the situation at hand
- You are an experienced educator with experience building robust learning and development programs to achieve our goals
- You have 7 or more years of professional experience in management consulting, customer experience, technology or other relevant fields
- You are able to think strategically at 10,000 ft but are equally comfortable getting in the weeds
- You have at least 1 or more years experience leading a motivated team
- You have a strong bias to action, never letting great be the enemy of the good
- You stay oriented to the goal you’re trying to achieve and act with urgency to achieve it
- You’re collaborative and will quickly develop strong, productive and collegial relationships with our key internal stakeholders
- BA/BS in an applicable discipline or equivalent relevant experience
As DoorDash’s largest core operating team, Support Operations ensures that when there are bumps in the last-mile there’s always someone there to make things right.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.