Director, People Operations at Chime
Director, People/HR Operations
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About The Role
We are building our People team and are looking for a Director of People Operations to work closely with the People & Talent team to build Chime’s infrastructure, programs, and processes for scale. This role will report to Chime’s VP of People. The Senior People Partner will interact with all levels in the organization through honest, and inclusive communications.
- Understand organizational needs and create and drive processes, policies, and workflows that are compliant, efficient, scalable, and reflect Chime’s values.
- Maintain systems standards and processes related to onboarding, change management, and offboarding.
- Oversee total compensation plans, salary structure, and overall compensation philosophy. Manage and administer all compensation related matters [compensation administration (merit, promotions, bonuses), salary surveys, etc.].
- Set the strategy and implement progressive and competitive benefit offerings to support Chimers’ physical, behavioral and financial wellness.
- Lead the evaluation of scalable technology to build Chime’s infrastructure including the implementation of a new HRIS system.
- Ensure People Operations audit and control processes are developed and followed in compliance with Federal and State laws as well as internal guidelines
- Champion collaborative cross-functional relationships with other operations teams include legal, finance, and leaders across the company.
- Lead and execute mobility and immigration programs. Work with Immigration law firms on various visa applications.
- Spearhead People Operations analytics. Assess areas of opportunity, determine approach, compile and analyze data and prepare reports/recommendations to define people operations strategies related to people systems and processes.
- Oversee and refresh the organization’s HR policies and procedures.
- Be an ambassador of company culture and drive initiative to constantly build upon and improve culture.
- Independent self-starter, with the ability to effectively work collaboratively across disciplines, is essential
- Demonstrated experience in the various People/HR functional areas, especially total compensation, HRIS, benefits, and other people technologies.
- Experience in Workday and HRIS implementation.
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving ability is required
- High integrity and highly aligned with the mission and Chime values
- Ability to work at all levels - strategic, operational, and tactical
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated credibility and integrity in communications
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly growing and unstructured environment
- Experience with M&A
- Ability to manage multiple, complex issues and prioritize projects concurrently
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent required. 10-15 years of experience in People Operations is required
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.