Director of Talent Acquisition at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
As the Director of Talent Acquisition, you will build a strategic recruiting function that serves as a consultative partner to our business and drives disciplined and inclusive talent practices.
If you are a data-driven recruiting professional who is eager to make an impact on a mission-driven organization, please join us!
- Drive strategy: You will partner closely with the HR team, Office of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging and business leaders to steer our organizational recruiting strategy. You effectively translate business needs into strategic initiatives and drive quantifiable outcomes.
- Grow hiring discipline and accountability: Align the recruiting team’s processes and assess growth opportunities and weaknesses by leveraging quantitative and qualitative data. Drive coordinated action and accountability from all partners in our hiring ecosystems so that we’re poised to hire the absolute best people to drive our mission forward.
- Build positive relationships: Collaborate across the company and work closely with the HRBP team to ensure we’re crafting sourcing and hiring efforts that address the needs of our partners while scaling for the future.
- Demonstrate the impact of hiring efforts: Work with external partners and colleagues in HR, finance and People Ops to quantify and continuously improve sourcing, assessing and offer practices.
- Continuously experiment and evolve: Use experience, external data and internal data to benchmark our practices and identify emerging trends for us to consider.
What is takes to catch our eye:
- Quantifiable success growing top of funnel diversity and diversity of hires
- Previous experience improving hiring efficiency without sacrificing talent quality
- Strong industry relationships that will aid with external partnerships and benchmarking
- Deep knowledge of and a point of view about hiring analytics, talent strategy and organizational change
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, adapt quickly to shifting priorities, make timely decisions and drive behavioral change
- Problem solver with the ability to switch seamlessly between critical thinking and tactical execution within a fast-paced environment
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.