PagerDuty is interviewing, onboarding, and working 100% virtually at this time. As we look to the future, we plan to be ‘distributed by design’, meaning unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a PagerDuty office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid. We’re focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific, and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.Overview
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 13,800 customers and 700,000 users worldwide, including 60% of the Fortune 100.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
We’re growing fast and looking for ambitious people who share our values and customer devotion mindset to join our high caliber team.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
- Business Insight. Provide strategic talent acquisition thought partnership to G&A leadership including a deep understanding of our business and ecosystem and how external talent can inform our growth.
- Strategic Talent Advisor. Provide guidance, facilitation, and collaboration for all hiring managers and leaders in recruiting, selecting, interviewing and candidate experience.
- Team Development. Source, hire, lead and mentor an outstanding recruiting team. in partnership with the Talent Acquisitions Programs team, leverage and implement employer branding efforts and strategy on various social media and recruiting/networking platforms.
- KPIs. Execute and drive accountability for an efficient, dynamic full-cycle recruiting process.
- Market Expert. Stay ahead of external trends and collaborate with peers to define creative recruiting and sourcing techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices.
- Workforce Planning. Understand and advise on G&A’s workforce planning/reporting on key recruiting metrics to measure team effectiveness, manage capacity and provide actionable insights.
- Strategic Thinker. Enjoy analyzing data and trends and apply learnings for team development and overall G&A function.
- Collaborative partner. Build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in recruiting processes while demonstrating empathy for those who you partner with.
- Analytical Problem Solver. Go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Stakeholder Management. Communicating and collaborating with business partners and key stakeholders across the company
- Prioritization. Outstanding planning, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are essential. Able to meet multiple deadlines and challenging priorities within restricted timeframes is required. Superb communication skills, and ability to build relationships with client groups is essential, and excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading a distributed team in a rapidly growing and very fast paced environment, primarily supporting G&A teams
- 7+ years in a leadership capacity/leading a team with hands-on recruiting experience at all levels.
- Critically engaged in recruiter/sourcer performance, protecting priorities across the talent pipeline and getting engaged and involved where needed.
- Skilled at using data and analytics to manage performance, develop insights, tell stories and support sound decision-making.
- Ability to build relationships with leadership, engage and provide counsel and support to other leaders across the business, build credibility and influence, know when to push back and when to compromise.
- Ability to articulate PagerDuty’s value proposition and purpose to an internal and external audience.
- Ability and interest in sourcing and recruiting for roles directly, as needed.
- Infectious enthusiasm for building innovative sourcing strategies globally
- Strong interpersonal savvy and self-awareness with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong communicator with previous demonstrated experience interacting with business leaders and executives
- Experience working in a high growth environment ideally in high-tech or a SaaS company
- Has demonstrated business agility and has agile principles
- Ability to handle ambiguity with ease
- Superb judgment and integrity, including a sense of urgency
- Ability to work both tactically and strategically to get business needs met
- Have a bias for simplification and action
- Proven attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities a must, along with the ability to problem-solve when appropriate
- Prior experience with Greenhouse is a plus.
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.PagerDuty Offers
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports all of our people and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
PagerDuty is a digital operations management platform that empowers the right action, when seconds matter.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
At PagerDuty, we believe you do your best work in a culture that fosters inclusion, well-being, and innovation. As a Dutonian, you will have ample opportunities to advance your career and connect with colleagues: virtual all hands calls, learning & development programs, bi-annual hack weeks, volunteering events, ERGs (employee-run groups focused on cultivating a sense of belonging for all) - there’s something for everyone. Learn more on Instagram, @pagerdutylife.Additional InformationPagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, disability status, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws.PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.