Director, Workforce Planning
DoorDash is looking for a Director, Workforce Planning to help our customer support team scale to meet the rapid growth of our international last-mile logistics platform. You will help reimagine how we scale and staff to support our most important Consumers, Dashers, and Merchants. Your role will involve a mix of strategic, blue-sky thinking and the ability to operationalize complex staffing solutions quickly.
You will have a background in delivering outstanding Service level agreements for massive month-over-month growth. You can apply your experience and industry know-how to both develop a strong internal workforce team, set and execute against a workforce strategy, and will work cross functionally with our product and analytics teams.
You will report to DoorDash’s Director of Global Support Ops Operations and is based in either San Francisco or Phoenix.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Ensure our global network of 6,000+ outsourced support agents are scheduled and deployed as efficiently as possible
- Evolve our workforce planning model to meet the demands of our ever-changing business
- Plan and scale for 1-2X year over year growth
- Set and perform against a comprehensive Workforce planning strategy that has c-level buy-in
- Be accountable for our Customer, Dasher, and Merchant support Service level agreements to the executive team
- Identify opportunities for improving support staffing, both offshore and onshore, external and in-house
- Identify and implement technology and tools to assist in making data-driven real-time staffing decisions
- Bring to life DoorDash’s core value, ‘Bias to Action’, by responding to challenges with a data-driven first-principles approach
- You are a talented business leader with experience in a demanding operating environment
- You have 10+ years of professional experience as it relates to workforce planning, customer support, and technology
- You have at least 2 years experience leading a high-performing team
- You’re action-oriented, never letting great be the enemy of the good
- You stay oriented to the goal you’re trying to achieve and act with urgency to achieve it
- You’re collaborative and will quickly develop strong, productive and collegial relationships with our important company partners
- You have a deep understanding of the tools and techniques necessary to staff agents to meet desired Service level agreements at the lowest cost possible
- You can use a range of tools to build and communicate data-driven recommendations; Excel a must, SQL a plus
- Experience leading a small to medium-sized support organization a strong plus
- Experience working for a large, global BPO a plus
- BA/BS in an applicable discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- MBA a plus
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.