UserTesting enables companies to put their customers at the center of every business decision by leveraging the power of human insights. The most advanced on-demand customer insights platform, UserTesting enables product managers, UX researchers and designers, marketers, and digital executives to connect with their exact target customer in a matter of hours and uncover actionable insights that drive ROI. More than 35,000 companies have adopted UserTesting to make smarter business decisions throughout the design and development of their digital experiences as well as in their marketing messaging and competitive positioning.
UserTesting is proud to be a diverse and inclusive organization but we want to do better for ourselves and our communities.
As our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program Manager/Director, you will design and deliver strategies and programs that impact our business goals and make us a best place to work - particularly for our minority populations. You’’ll be responsible for setting programmatic direction, in partnership with other teams, to establish scalable global best practices and provide data driven insights and recommendations to improve our practices. You will manage and coordinate all aspects across the DEI function and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGS). As a champion of inclusion, you will develop meaningful relationships with our employee population, and will help to amplify their voices -- especially those from underrepresented backgrounds -- within UserTesting.
As our DEI Manager, you will design and execute UserTesting DEI strategy by providing cutting-edge programs that help us grow a diverse and inclusive workforce globally. You’ll be responsible for setting programmatic direction across the business as well as deep dive with specific teams to help them apply best practices. You’ll partner with the senior leadership team to design, coordinate, track, and measure our D&I initiatives and overall plan.
We are seeking a team-oriented and skilled individual with the ability to design, implement and execute programs, policies and events across multiple sites and organizations. Key to this role is the ability to partner cross-functionally with Talent, People Ops, Marketing and Legal teams to influence diversity processes and programs; with the ability to move fast, navigate ambiguity and make an impact, this individual will know how to work closely with our leaders to drive world class DEI initiatives, practices and strategy.
This position is an individual contributor and will report to the Chief People Officer.
You will be asked to:
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to members of the team and to create programs for others to do the same
- Along with the Head of Talent, provide innovative, scalable solutions to drive our hiring to meet business objectives for diversity
- Design diversity into hiring frameworks, amplify and drive diverse slating, and create programmatic solutions across the employee lifecycle
- Design, launch and scale programs focused on increasing hires from underrepresented groups that support our business goals
- You will create a monitoring system using data to measure, track and analyze the effectiveness of our D&I initiatives, including representation across the business by function, office, remote employees, contractors based on our agreed goals in each area
- Develop toolkits and best practices to equip our entire organization with tools and resources aimed at increasing underrepresented people
- Identify and build relationships with external partners that deliver impact and support our diversity and inclusion strategies for underrepresented groups
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with key cross-functional stakeholders internally (e.g. Legal, Finance, Marketing, Workplace, Talent, People Ops, etc.)
- Compile and analyze data and metrics to support business decisions and plans
- Identify trends and leverage knowledge, data and competitive intelligence to develop creative and customized diversity strategies and objectives and KPIs
- Lead by example through following, setting or sharing best practices
- Compile, analyze and capture insights from data to support business decisions
- Train and or facilitate employee groups on the topic of inclusion, equity and diversity, and present on these topics
- With our UniTy leaders, coordinate ERG summits and or "block parties" to showcase/highlight employee resource groups to encourage allies to learn more and engage with various UniTy teams.
- Ensure the ERGs are functioning well and coordinating events, speakers, awareness and tracking to their budgets and goals
- Develop communication methods for key stakeholders
- Provide coaching on topics of inclusion, equity and diversity to our leadership team, UniTy leadership, and the ERGs
- Advocate and evangelize for inclusion, equity and diversity within the business and for marginalized global communities in our industry.
Do you have the core competencies for this role? We’re looking for someone with these characteristics:
- Passion and enthusiasm for creating an inclusive workforce
- Creativity to launch multiple projects and develop them from infancy
- Ability to form multi-functional teams and drive them to succeed.
- A keen interest in changing the world and drive to see UserTesting be world class in this and all areas
- Comfortable and confident in managing a large number of possible actions and priorities
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build consensus and relationships at all levels of the organization
- The potential to be an ally and respected advisor to our executive team
- A pulse on the current environments for DEI in each of our locations globally.
- Deep understanding of our culture and its special value.
Our ideal candidate will additionally have some or all of these qualifications:
- Successful program management experience
- Knowledge of diversity & inclusion programs and principles
- Experience with project management across multiple work-streams and in partnership with cross functional stakeholders; ability to influence without authority
- Background of leading strategic priorities and achieving results
- Experience with data-driven strategies
- Business acumen and analytic skills
- Experience overseeing/coaching ERGs that way we can begin to measure the business impact that the ergs have at UserTesting
- Experience with change management
- Experience engaging directly with executive-level clients and stakeholders
- Experience training/mentoring/coaching team members
- Experience building out programs in an organization where scaling for growth is important
- Experience with recruiting programs
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as stock options. We value diversity, and are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.
Learn more about what it is like to work at UserTesting at: https://www.usertesting.com/about-us/jobs