We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise People Organization:
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
About the role:
The People team is passionate about the employee experience. Cruise is looking for an extraordinary Employee Relations Partner to join our People team and ensure we deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. This is a great opportunity if you are interested in building and creating scalable ER strategies and programs to contribute to the Cruise employee experience.
Typical Day to Day:
- Client Support: Provide one-on-one and group coaching and development feedback to managers and employees around how to handle employee relations issues.
- Policy & Compliance Advisement: Provide guidance on organizational policies and processes to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, mitigate risk and consistent application of practices within the organization.
- Investigations: Advise on the appropriate protocol and conduct investigations and create the appropriate investigation documentation and provide recommendations for management.
- Development & Coaching: Create and facilitate engaging training Employee and Management Training.
- Data Analysis & Reporting: Leverage metrics to identify employee relations trends and diagnose organizational effectiveness and proactively develop the right training and processes for prevention.
- Cross Functional Partnership: Work in conjunction with our partner groups: HRBPs, Legal, People Operations, L&D and Functional Managers to ensure a positive and effective employee experience.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- 5+ years Employee Relations, HR Business Partner or equivalent experience in a fast growing company
- Experience advising on a wide range of employee relations issues and conducting investigations
- Proven project management and change management skills with demonstrated ability to own, influence and drive projects and initiatives from beginning to end
- Experience interacting and ability to establish strong relationships with employees at all levels with keen consideration for the employee experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and listening skills with the ability to clearly convey opinions and recommendations as well as present information to small and large groups
- Ability to handle and manage multiple assignments and projects while effectively balancing schedules and ad hoc requests
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, snacks
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.