The Employee Relations Partner will work collaboratively with other HR team members to design, implement, and continuously improve a variety of ER programs supporting our vibrant and growing company. You will work in close partnership with HR and Legal teams to drive consistent ER processes across the organization while minimizing risk and ensuring a positive ethical workplace.. You’ll have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of the ER function; as you learn you’ll be able to improve processes and help our organization scale.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead sensitive investigations on policy violations and employee relations matters, including complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other work-related issues; recommend appropriate resolution, complete case documentation and communications
- Partner with Unity’s Legal department to resolve conflicts and effectively execute solutions on compliance and employee relations topics
- Coach and influence HR Business Partners on interventions required for individuals, managers, and/or teams on preventing employee relations risks
- Maintain the highest level of integrity with a proven ability to gain trust from all levels of the organization
- Facilitate trainings to build employee relations skill set among HR community and managers
- Recommend policy changes and enhancements based on investigation outcomes and trends
- Coach and influence all levels of employees and successfully delivers difficult messages
What we’re looking for
- Ability to resolve conflicts empathetically and diffuse employee related issues, concerns, situations
- Exercises sound judgment, while balancing acting with a sense of urgency and need for attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience, tact, and respect
- Excitement to build Employee Relations COE and participate in foundational efforts
- Knowledge of US & Canada employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately spot employment risks and issues
You might also have
- A strong commitment to Inclusion
- Maintains composure in a fast-paced, fluid environment and successfully navigates ambiguity to build consensus and achieve resolutions
- Conveys empathy and cultivates strong relationships while managing sensitive situations
- JD is a plus
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.