Head of International HR Strategy at Coinbase
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Build and lead a team and a function that owns global international talent expansion strategy and execution - in partnership with our People, Business, Finance, and Leadership teams.
- Deliver strategic international expansion recommendations to senior leaders and stakeholders that enable the business to execute on key objectives while building nimble int’l HR infrastructure.
- Create and enhance scalable international expansion playbooks and best practices, leveraging automation and repeatable innovation when possible.
- Cultivate relationships with senior executives across Coinbase and the global crypto ecosystem.
- Train and mentor other members of the People team and invest in attracting and developing top talent across our global company.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 8+ years experience at a top-tier company with direct international expansion experience.
- Strong management, team building, and leadership skills.
- Passion for building and improving highly cross-functional processes with a knack for delivering tangible results and working across teams to unblock bottlenecks.
- Track record of creating and leading internal people programs designed for scale in a high growth environment.
- Outstanding business and global acumen with the ability to lead and partner both cross-functionally and internationally.
- Ability to drive business outcomes autonomously and effectively in a fast-paced environment, and to effectively balance multiple high priority initiatives at once.
- Outstanding negotiation, analytical, problem solving, communication, project management, and prioritization skills.
- High integrity and the utmost discretion.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in tech and/or startup culture.
Sound cool? Let's work together.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $238,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Position ID: b1413-1
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.