Head of People
We're looking for a talented leader who is excited to lead the charge on our efforts to create an inclusive and innovative work culture, with the overarching goal of building out a full employee experience that attracts, retains, and grows the best talent for our organization. We're excited about someone who is passionate about people, and inspired by our mission to empower local entrepreneurs all around.
- Develop and maintain programs for onboarding, performance management, employee engagement, long-term organizational planning, and individual contributor and manager/executive training
- Lead and own all ongoing programming related to professional development, feedback cycles, and career growth for all employees
- Create a comprehensive compensation and leveling strategy, and manage our existing benefits, retention and reward strategies
- Proactively and empathetically address workplace and personnel issues - including resolving difficult interpersonal and employees retention issues
- Understand our company goals and align our people practices with our business objectives
- Act as the strategic advisor to company leadership for all things people-related as well as a generalist who is seen as the point of contact within the company for all things people-related
- Be excited about building and growing the people team here - you should not only be skilled at designing large-scale strategic initiatives, but also at getting your hands dirty and getting things done
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in HR/people operations with proven experience of a data-driven outlook. 2 years of managerial experience preferred
- Strong project management skills - organized, detail oriented, execution focused
- High social and emotional intelligence - you truly enjoy mentoring team members and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people
- Excellent knowledge of culture and HR best practices and industry standards
- Experience establishing relationships as a trusted advisor to executive team members and a safe space for team needs
- Flexible leader - you can operate at a highly strategic level, but can also perform all tactical HR - related duties for the company
- Bonus - Previous experience working in fast-paced environments and helping organizations scale
Faire is an innovative online marketplace that uses machine learning to match local retailers with the makers of products that uniquely fit their stores. We are using the power of technology to connect makers and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 50,000 small business owners.
Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling. It’s a way of life that offers people a level of autonomy and fulfillment that’s become difficult to find elsewhere in our economy. Most of our customers have left behind jobs they hated to take a chance on themselves. We want to make sure their boldness and self-belief gets rewarded.
This mission also extends to the way we are building the company. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.