Head of University Recruiting at Gusto
Gusto is growing and so is our team! We are on a mission to spread the word about Gusto across the country as we aim to fuel our team’s growth by adding top university talent to our San Francisco and Denver offices. We are excited to build a best-in-class University Recruiting Program, and we are looking for a new leader to join our team to help us iterate and build upon the program we have in place today.
Our ideal candidate will have extensive experience in recruiting, specifically focused on University Recruiting. On top of this, we are looking for a leader who will inspire, mentor, and develop a team of junior recruiters. We are looking for a strategic thinker who will use a data-informed approach to gain internal alignment & build out the program, but also someone who isn’t afraid to think outside the box and try something new!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Design, iterate and implement our growing University Recruiting program, thinking through everything & building everything from recruiting to onboarding to retention strategies
- Continue to iterate and evolve Gusto’s composition strategy
- Lead, inspire, and develop a team of Recruiters and Coordinators responsible for hiring University graduates and interns across business and technical teams in both San Francisco and Denver
- Collaborate with business leaders to understand hiring needs and goals to design and implement annual University Recruitment Strategy
- Manage end-to-end recruitment process for both university fte and intern hiring, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with leadership and key cross-functional stakeholders internally
- Establish and build key partnerships with targeted groups and universities
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 8+ years recruiting experience (minimum of 2 years in University Recruiting)
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a similar role
- Experience contributing at conception stage for a complex university recruiting program responsible for hiring at scale
- Experience / exposure to recruiting for both business and technical roles
- Ability to identify trends & leverage knowledge, data & competitive intelligence to build and iterate a competitive, strategic, and thoughtful program
- Proven ability to successfully influence / communicate cross-functionally and create alignment amongst stakeholders
- Ability / willingness to travel during peak university recruiting season
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.