HR Business Partner, G&A
At DoorDash, people are our most important asset. The HR Business Partner team works closely with leaders across our business to align people and strategy. Our HRBPs assess, coach and influence the business as we scale and evolve to enable our teams to accomplish amazing things.About the Role
We need a versatile, quick thinking team member to help support our talented G&A teams. More specifically, you are a strategic, innovative, and thoughtful Talent Partner, ready to work with our Corporate teams. You will collaborate with the rest of the People team to develop and execute innovative programs that will be a catalyst to our high-performance culture.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop and execute employee relations efforts. This will include planning and coaching executives and managers on best practices.
- Coach business group leadership on people strategy including team structure (organizational design), hiring, performance management, compensation, recognition, and learning development.
- Empower managers to build amazing teams.
- Assess employee development needs and recommend solutions.
- Lead business groups through DoorDash’s people programs (engagement surveys, performance reviews, compensation reviews, talent development, etc.).
- You’re a consultant and operator - you have a bias towards action, recognize issues, and implement the solution.
- You’re a strong multi-tasker with an exceptional ability to prioritize and manage time effectively – you naturally focus on the right things and can seamlessly move between projects & tasks, without losing sight of what's important to do.
- You’re naturally curious and have a self-starter personality – you always look for ways to innovate and improve, and don't need to wait for people to tell you what to work on. You can't help but ask what, why, and how.
- You’re an outstanding communicator with relationship-building skills – your friends would call you authentic, energetic, persuasive, and self-aware. You know when to listen, as well as when to speak up.
- You have an ownership mentality – you can't remember the last time you said "that's not my problem".
- You’re gritty and able to hustle – you get things done even after everyone else has given up, and work hard because you love to. You have a bias towards action.
- You’re passionate about helping and empowering others.
- You have a bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of HR Business Partner experience.
- You have experience working in a fast pace, high-performance culture where the business is constantly evolving.
- You possess deep knowledge of employment law.
- You have an ability to think critically and anticipate issues before they arise, and proactively suggest long-term solutions.
- You have excellent judgment and the ability to make sound decisions independently.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities across the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.