HR Business Partner at Blend
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:25 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, May 12, 2020
Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Business Partner is an ambassador of the Blend culture and models our mission and its principles in everything we do with dedication, courage, and energy. If you are a creative, passionate, data-driven people leader who shares our desire to create a meaningful employee experience while we remake the consumer banking sector, please read on!
Blend is looking for an experienced people leader to join our People Operations Business Partner (BP) team. The BP is a critical resource to help support the health and performance of teams and operates as a trusted advisor to functional executives on people and organizational issues. We are looking for someone who loves clients, speaks data, is excited by digging into the inner workings of a highly complex industry, and has excellent people skills. Our ideal BP is someone who is able to lead and is also happy to roll up their sleeves and get things done for the good of their clients, team, company and mission.
The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic FinTech space and be comfortable in an environment with significant change; employing HR knowledge and business acumen that enable the organization to innovate and grow.
How you'll contribute:
- Serve as a trusted and strategic business partner to senior client leadership with an agenda designed to attract, develop and retain the best talent in the industry
- Understand business strategies and how to develop high impact People solutions to meet the business needs
- Have a data-informed mindset to assess organizational metrics and provide insights to the business; consistently measures effectiveness of HR initiatives and programs to ensure they are delivering desired outcomes
- Help foster a culture of innovation, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security and reliability
- Provide daily support to managers with employee attraction, development, and retention issues which may include performance reviews, leadership coaching, career pathing, advanced HR reporting and metrics, and special project assistance
- Closely partners with HR Centers of Excellences and other HRBPs to deliver superior results to the business
- Have executive presence and strong communication skills to partner with senior levels of management and brings strong collaboration skills within and outside of HR
- Manage employee relations cases as they develop, and bring in appropriate resources to address the situations
Who you are:
- 8+ years of general HR experience with 4+ years in consultative or HRBP equivalent role with a preference for experience in the Technology or Financial Services industries and with progressive HR models. Multi-company experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to assess an organization, identify gaps, and develop solutions
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, honed in a demanding and high performing work environment and demonstrated ability to manage change and resolve conflicts
- Fluency with people-related metrics and digging into problems to craft unique solutions in a structured way. High degree of comfort with ambiguity.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset; low ego
- Highly ethical character. Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for the employees, the company, shareholders, and others even when no one is watching
- Excellent follow-through, performance, judgment, and sense of humor
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k)plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Read Full Job Description