Human Resources Generalist (Remote) at Aurora Solar
| San Francisco
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:00 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Based in San Francisco, Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series A company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named “Top 50 Tech Companies to Watch in 2020” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are poised for hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join the fun.
Over the past year, Aurora Solar has doubled in size - and invested in building a strong People function. Joining the People team means the opportunity to work on high-impact projects that will focus on having a meaningful impact on the employee experience at scale. You will work across the employee life cycle and partner with department leads to build and manage impactful programs. We are looking for a self-starter who is eager to contribute to building the People function, bolster the employee experience, and scale Aurora.
We are a diverse team based in San Francisco, passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
This role is open to remote candidates throughout the United States.
What you'll do:
- Build upon and run existing People Operations programs such as new hire orientation, benefits programs, immigration management, compliance, etc.
- Work closely with recruitment to create a meaningful experience for new hires
- Partner with workplace experience on implementation of new employee perks/benefits and IT programs and creating a truly productive and rewarding work environment
- Assist in the creation, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of HR systems, policies, and procedures
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
What we value:
- 2-3+ years of direct HR or People Operations experience
- Experience working as part of a distributed team / hybrid organization
- Demonstrated experience with benefits, payroll, and open enrollment
- Demonstrated experience implementing D&I initiatives and Employee Resource Groups
- Excited to work in a startup environment, having a track record of being adaptable to changing priorities in a fluid and high growth environment
- Organized with strong attention to detail approach, effectively exercising independent judgment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a successful record of implementing processes at scale
- Team player with a sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude
- Experience working with technical HR systems and software (Sequoia One, Lattice, Lever, a plus) and implementation experience
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Read Full Job Description