Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The People Platform team builds and maintains the foundation for which all people and programs run on through tools, technology, data, policies and procedures. We partner with Global Mobility, Compensation, Benefits, People Business Partners, Talent, Payroll, Accounting, Finance, all levels of management across the business, and our employees. Our charter is to enable Affirmers to do their best work with as little friction as possible.
The Lead, People Platform will oversee a core team and a set of workstreams. You will identify and implement improvements designed to scale that will optimize and evolve operations. Resolve roadblocks or convoluted challenges, identify strategies and behaviors that enhance the experience for employees, managers and stakeholders. You will actively contribute to the planning and day-to-day operations of People at Affirm. This role enables the overall success of our team’s performance and drives a best in class employee experience.What You'll Do
- Provide exceptional program management and support a best-in-class employee lifecycle experience (includes onboarding and offboarding)
- Lead your People Platform team members in all elements of People Platform operations (includes executing relevant updates for existing employees)
- Oversee and audit employee lifecycle processes and transactions to ensure proper completion, maintenance and data integrity
- Ensure we have clean and up-to-date people data in systems to maintain compliance with SOX, SOCs, legal and regulatory requirements
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for process improvement/evolution
- Resolve complex challenges within People Operations as we scale
- Ensure new processes receive the proper consultation and implementation
- Support the implementation and integration of new People tools
- Partner with Manager and People Platform team members on special projects (examples: case management, offboarding automation) and solutions that scale with a focus on operational efficiency
- Maintain utmost confidentiality in all matters relating to employee records and investigations
- Build and lead team members; responsibilities include hiring, coaching, developing, motivating, delegating work, appraising performance, addressing concerns, resolving problems and motivating team members
- 5+ years of People operations experience
- 3+ years of hands-on HRIS/HCM experience including Core, Onboarding, Time, Absence, domestic and international (UltiPro and/or Workday a plus)
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Expert knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets
- Proven ability to diagnose organizational challenges and apply a strategic mindset to drive to solutions
- Ability to design and communicate a clear process; detail oriented yet flexible approach to problem-solving; strong and sincere empathy for the employee experience
- Excellent business acumen and judgement; strong team orientation with a collaborative style
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing business needs
- Ability to maturely handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong knowledge of federal, multi-state and local employment law and compliance practices
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.