Learning & Development Director
Who We Are
Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the development of the world’s most actionable map of healthcare data. Our solutions drive a more transparent, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem through the creation of quantitative solutions to qualitative problems.
As a fast growing startup that has already partnered with multiple Fortune 500 companies, we have very ambitious goals that have been designed with career development in mind. As a company, we value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
The Director of Learning & Development will build the foundations of learning at Komodo to fuel our mission and help our Dragons (employees, managers, and leaders) achieve their full potential, and foster an environment where people can thrive and make a contribution to their professional development. This person will assess the company's learning needs, prioritize the biggest opportunities, and deliver learning and development programs to help us scale. You'll partner closely with with People Partners and our business leaders to design and deliver learning initiatives, conduct frequent user research, and measure impact.
After 3 months, you will…
- Meet with executive leaders and people leaders across Komodo to establish collaborative working relationships
- Complete a talent development gap analysis and initiate the launch a 2020 learning and development strategic plan
- Formulate, design content, and implement 1-2 learning sessions that support the effectiveness of our people leaders and employees
- Design and launch 1 new L&D program or tool that elevates the effectiveness of our people leaders
As one of the members of this business-critical team, you will:
- Identify and implement innovative and relevant L&D strategies, ensuring we build the skills and behaviors needed to grow Komodo, preparing us for the future
- Partner with people leaders to nurture an environment where individuals thrive and make a contribution to their professional development
- Explore and implement new and innovative blended learning methodologies to support a dispersed and scaling organization
- Ensure all levels of leaders across the organization have the tool kits and programs to support their teams’ career development and talent strategy
- Build a set of well-established metrics, that provide meaningful insights and guide our investment in creating a learning culture supporting the execution of our business goals
- Partner with people leaders and People Partners, sharing expertise in the areas of employee development, manager effectiveness, leadership development, change management and team development
What You Bring to Komodo
- 8+ years of Learning and Development experience in a rapidly evolving Company with a demonstrated history of success in leading talent development programs
- A combination of skills and experiences in instructional design, change management concepts, strong cross-functional collaboration and people skills, and scaling start-up environments.
- Capable and confident written and verbal communication and presentation style, with an adaptable presence
- Strong influencing skills and ability to work in a collaborative and team-centric culture
- Demonstrated ability to position yourself as a trusted advisor across all levels of an organization
- A strong bias for action and ability to build collaborative and meaningful relationships
- Ability to establish, articulate, and implement a strategic vision that can be translated into clear and actionable goals
- Strong experience of designing and facilitating live and virtual workshops and trainings