Payroll Lead at Course Hero
Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a Payroll Lead to help scale our Payroll systems and processes to provide a world class employee experience. As Payroll Lead, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Payroll function is effective, responsive, and data-driven allowing us to make smart people decisions across the organization. This role will be a part of the Finance team and report to the Controller.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Perform accurate preparation and processing of payroll; including new hire & termination processing, leave of absence payments, retroactive payments, bonuses, commissions, time reporting for hourly workers
- Register Course Hero for State/SUI/Local payroll tax as needed. Add the States/SUI/Local jurisdictions in the ADP system
- Partner with International Payroll providers
- Process taxable benefits in ADP system
- Manage employee inquiries
- Work with HR on employee benefits such as 401K, flexible spending & health savings accounts and upload updates in ADP system.
- Assist in all payroll related journal entries and accruals and perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform Payroll and Benefit account reconciliations;
- Administer Equity
- Assist with various audits and ad hoc projects
Are you our next Payroll Lead?
- Experience with multi-state, 200+ employee companies on ADP Workforce Now;
- Excellent customer service dealing with employee questions
- Working knowledge of accounting to record payroll and benefit journal entries and reconcile accounts
- Experience working with state and local jurisdictions to register for new hires and engaging with benefit and payroll vendors to reconcile monthly accounts.
- Moderate MS Office Experience (can use formulas in Excel)
- Experience working with international payroll providers
- Supervisory experience
- Netsuite Experience
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page