Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join our Accounting team. The group is responsible for maintaining the company’s accounting ledger, financial reporting, payroll processing and performing financial analyses throughout the company. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills while working cross functionally between teams and technical skills to back up their recommendations.
What you'll do
- In this role you will be reporting to the Payroll Manager.
- Collaborate with the People Platform, Benefits, and Finance business units on all payroll matters with cross-functional impact such as, accurate benefit information, new hire processes, cash, bonus, process terminations, and other adhoc projects impacting payroll.
- Process U.S. (multi-state) payroll and assist with processing Canadian and international payroll.
- Assist with processing RSUs/NSOs.
- Process garnishments and levies.
- Assist Payroll Manager with SOX compliance procedures related to payroll.
- Support the month-end closing for all payroll related accounts.
- Assist with annual financial statement audit and be the primary contact for all payroll related audit testing.
- Conduct year-end reporting for W-2’s, etc.
- Answer employee questions regarding pay, benefits, etc.
What we look for
- Minimum 3-5 years of payroll experience.
- Associates degree or equivalent training and education beyond high school.
- Strong math, analytical, research, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies.
- Self-motivated, flexible, deadline-oriented and able to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- Knowledge of NetSuite or UltiPro is a plus.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.