Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is seeking a People Operations, Senior Manager to join our company to oversee the day-to-day operations of our growing company. Reporting to the Head of People, you will lead the effort to scale operations including systems, processes, policies, and analytics.
- Create and oversee People Operations strategy and manage quarterly OKRs
- Own and scale all People Ops processes, systems, workflows, reporting, and metrics for employees and Contingent Workers. Includes the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of processes and procedure
- Lead and build the People Operations team
- Manage relationship with U.S. PEO partner and transition to in-house HRIS system in 2020
- Manage our relationship with international PEO partner, ensuring they provide exceptional service to our employees as we expand
- Oversee HRIS system management, evaluate current and new technologies in support of end-to-end HR solutions
- Oversee execution of compensation program, including benchmarking new roles into existing pay ranges and managing compensation review process
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, IT, Legal and Workplace Experiences to scale new hire on-boarding and off-boarding processes
- Manage the annual benefits open enrollment process, including identifying benefits and plans to maintain a competitive offering while also reflecting the company’s culture and values
- Create systems to track and administer leaves of absence as well as our immigration program
- Develop dashboards to measure progress and effectiveness of processes, programs and initiatives
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance with Federal, State, San Francisco and other local requirements are met and reflected in company policies and programs
- Ensure all of People Ops processes and activities are in compliance and kept up-to-date in line with current legislation, including management and maintenance of people data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
- 5 -7 years professional HR experience including 2+ years of management experience
- Excellent project management skills with exceptional attention to detail and discipline to organize and prioritize
- Passion for people operations and a desire to continuously improve and scale our processes and programs
- Experience developing and managing People Ops policies and practices for a global workforce
- HRIS experience with understanding of HRIS systems design, HR reporting, workflow, and auditing requirements.
- Self directing, able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong HR functional expertise; knowledgeable on employment law matters, employment legislation, and compliance management
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, and partner cross-functionally to influence behavior change and collaboration
- Comfortable as a “hands-on” manager; willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic environment, and manage multiple priorities
- Must be able to act in an ethical manner and maintain highly confidential and proprietary information
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Meals and snacks covered
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Happy hours, company and team wide social events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.