Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for multiple People Partners (HR Business Partners) to join our People team. Depending on their experience and interest, they will support either our technical product development teams (Engineering, Applied Research, Product, Data Science, etc.) or our Marketing and Sales organizations.
Our People Partners provide strategic business partnership and coaching, as well as developing people-related solutions to meet critical business needs. This is a hands-on role—People Partners understand our business, goals, EAGER values, and culture to develop, implement, and continually improve solutions that positively shape the Grammarly team member experience.Your impact
As Grammarly grows quickly, our People Partner team has an essential role in collaborating with leaders to deliver people-related programs and solutions, coaching and up-leveling our management team, and shaping the experience of our team members across offices. This role will partner closely with a team of People Partners, as well as with global company leaders and the management team in our North America offices. We’re looking for someone who will thrive in a collaborative, high-growth environment and who is passionate about building People programs and processes.
- Within your first 30 days, you will onboard and dive into Grammarly's current People philosophies, practices, and processes.
- By month three, you will take over partnership and coaching of the functions and departments for which you are the People Partner (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Product).
- By month six, you will build our management team’s capacity through coaching, training, and programs.
- By month nine, you will meaningfully contribute to the People strategy of the teams you support as a People Partner and to the direction of the People Partner team.
- Beyond your first year, you will foster excellence in the support, motivation, retention, and growth of our talent.
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Applies knowledge of business and of various functions, departments, and talent to advance people-related strategies and programs.
- Effectively coaches managers and team members to build their skill sets over time.
- Has been an effective partner and coach to executive-level leadership.
- Demonstrates outstanding judgment and makes consistent good decisions for the company and our team members.
- Is intrigued by the unique qualities of people and has a gift for figuring out how different people can work together productively.
- Knows firsthand the challenges of a growth stage company and anticipates the problems of scaling.
- Has experience designing, implementing, and using effective HR processes.
- Communicates clearly and empathetically both face-to-face and in writing.
- (As a nice-to-have) Has specific experience in organization design, learning and development, change management, and diversity and inclusion.
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.