People Partner (Human Resources Business Partner) at Udemy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 3:08 a.m. (PST) on Friday, January 31, 2020
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are currently seeking a People Partner to support our internal teams, each with their own divisional group. As part of the People, Places and Learning team at Udemy and reporting to our Sr. Director of People, you will help support the diverse talent that drives our mission. This role requires someone committed to excellence who is inspired by our company’s mission to Improve Lives Through Learning.
What you'll be doing:
- Serve as a trusted partner to Executives and their leadership on organizational design, change management, people strategy and employee relations. Drive employee engagement globally.
- Collaborate with our People Operations team to execute operational tasks in support of our employee impact cycle: bi-annual compensation review, feedback cycles, engagement survey and career planning.
- Partner with our Learning function to deliver on our employee value of “Always Learning”: drive participation in learning initiatives and identify areas of opportunity for learning for all employees.
- Support Recruiting team at all levels including resource planning and headcount management.
- Own special cross-functional projects.
- Serve as an ambassador for Udemy outside the company.
We're excited about you because you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in a generalist HR/People role in a fast moving, dynamic company at scale.
- BA/BS or relevant experience that demonstrates ability to influence business outcomes through the development of people.
- Strong competency within the HR function including employee relations, resource management, compliance, communications, and change management.
- Strong analytical capabilities and an ability to influence managers/leaders with data-driven recommendations to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience. Workday acumen a plus.
- Strong understanding and ability to be highly productive and influential in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. #LI-EB1
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Read Full Job Description