Recruiting Manager, Sales and Merchant Management
The DoorDash Recruiting Team is focused on building DoorDash culture, one quality hire at a time. We partner with hiring teams to execute recruiting strategies that enable DoorDash to hire amazing talent in the most efficient and unbiased ways.
Our focus areas are:
- RECRUITING STRATEGY--We partner with hiring teams to design recruiting strategies & processes to consistently attract and hire amazing people at scale.
- BUILDING RECRUITING CAPABILITIES--We develop and build capabilities in the people of DoorDash to be an extension of the Recruiting team, increasing their skills and confidence in assessing quality talent with an eye on creating diverse & inclusive teams
- CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE--We manage the finesse of the interview scheduling and logistics to create a memorably personalized and unparalleled candidate experience.
- QUALITY OF HIRE--We are a true partner in hiring; it's our job to help managers ensure we take a structured approach to hiring to ensure we are hiring only the best for DoorDash!
The majority of the Recruiting team is based in San Francisco, CA (our headquarters) and we have a growing Recruiting team in Phoenix, AZ as well as Recruiters in Chicago and New York.About the Role
The Recruiting Manager, Sales & Merchant Management role is a brand new role to the Recruiting team. You will lead the Recruiting team focused on Sales (including outside sales, enterprise sales, and DoorDash for Business) as well as Merchant Management.
You'll lead a team of 4-6 Recruiters. You will work with your team of Recruiters and lead the efforts to set the strategy for hiring across our Sales and Merchant Management organizations. You will partner with hiring leaders and the Head of Talent to strategize on recruiting process, hiring targets and sourcing initiatives needed to help achieve our hiring goals. You will lead the team to help design and execute recruiting processes that scale allowing us to recruit high-quality and diverse talent! This role reports to the Head of Talent in our headquarters office (San Francisco, CA).You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead a Recruiting team of 4-6 recruiters
- Set the strategy for hiring across the sales and merchant management organizations ensuring we leverage best practices and processes that scale
- Be able to be the eagle and the mouse--you will lead the team to effectively execute the hiring strategy and hit hiring targets and you are not afraid to be in the weeds doing smaller hands-on details to get it done.
- Build personalized career paths for the recruiters that you manage
- Keep key stakeholders up-to-date including running weekly meetings with our Director of Sales, and leaders of our Merchant Management team
- Set up programs to train new interviewers and partner with recruiters and stakeholders in the business to improve interview processes
- Be a recruiting consultant to hiring partners on recruiting and sourcing aimed at helping us to hire quality talent at scale.
- Be the primary full-cycle recruiter for a small batch of roles for senior level or leadership positions
- Provide regular status reports to Recruiting and Business leadership
- Ensure that candidate tracking is up-to-date and compliant in our ATS (Greenhouse) for your entire team
- Be the face of DoorDash to our amazing candidates!
- You are a leader--you can attract and hire great talent, can foster the growth of the members of your team, and can identify and address skills gaps
- You’re a recruiter first and foremost--you can teach others the skills of thinking strategically and partnering with hiring teams
- You have an “owners mindset”--you can recognize issues and implement the solution; you have a bias to thoughtful action
- You’re excited about change and ambiguity--DoorDash is growing at an unprecedented rate, things change every day, we are looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity that comes with a more flexible structure
- You’re a master with details--you are as excited about the high-level strategy as jumping in with your team to help them source or getting on a candidate closing call
- You’re data-driven--you can analyze hiring trends across different teams, regions, and positions; you ensure that your team uses tools and systems leveraged to provide point-in-time data that is relevant and accurate.
- You have the right experience--12+ years of full-lifecycle Recruiting experience and 5+ years of Management experience, preferably in Recruiting management
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3,300 cities across the United States and Canada.
We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.