Recruiting Operations Manager at Grammarly
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Recruiting Operations Manager to join our Recruiting team. The Recruiting Operations Manager will manage a global team of Coordinators, Program Managers, and Recruiting Marketing professionals. This strategic leader will lead high-priority projects within the Recruiting and People teams. You will be a strategic partner to the Head of Recruiting, VP of People, and other stakeholders around the company to implement processes and programs to accelerate recruiting at Grammarly.Your impact
- Within your first 30 days, you will start building relationships with your team and important stakeholders, and you will start to get familiar with Grammarly culture and values. You will discover where you need to hire within your team and start opening those roles.
- Within the first 60 days, you will work with the Head of Recruiting on identifying important recruiting projects or processes that you will start building.
- Within the first 90 days, you will build a longer-term roadmap for your team that are aligned to the company’s recruiting goals. This will entail evaluating the current state of recruiting and finding ways to become more effective and efficient.
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is a strong leader and can create a team atmosphere that unites team members based in different locations.
- Has strong program and project management skills.
- Is proficient in using data to evaluate and iterate on processes.
- Can present to different stakeholders throughout the company to influence positive change.
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.