Senior Benefits Specialist at DoorDash
DoorDash is seeking a Senior Benefits Specialist to support the growing needs of the DoorDash Total Rewards function. Your work will help drive the continued development of DoorDash’s benefit programs as the company scales.
About the team
The DoorDash Total Rewards team manages compensation and benefits programs for the company. Our work impacts each and every employee through the programs we administer. The team also has an important role to play in driving business results by ensuring our employee value proposition is competitive, relevant and financially sustainable.
You’re excited about this role because you’ll:
- Use your expert analytical skills to assist in benefit plan design and strategy for all of our regions globally and within the United States
- Support the administration of benefit plans through working with vendors as well as internal partners to ensure the effective delivery of benefits to employees
- Oversee benchmarking to ensure that DoorDash benefits are competitive against our peer group and communicate those findings to internal stakeholders in support of the benefits strategy
- Support compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across jurisdictions globally
- Assist in the selection of vendors and build business cases to support various levels of outsourced administration and reliance
- Stay up to date with applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee benefits
- Work cross functionally with partners on the finance and procurement teams in the development of financial models
- Recommend process changes that can improve the delivery of benefit programs to employees
We’re excited about you because:
- You have experience working with benefit programs on a global scale in a rapidly changing in environment
- You are a subject matter expert in every element of benefits administration and compliance and can effectively communicate that expertise to key stakeholders
- You have experience with self-funded medical plans and leveraging data and analysis to understand claims experience reporting to recommend plan design changes, wellness program opportunities, and other opportunities to improve plan efficiency
- You understand fast growing technology businesses and will use that experience to build out effective benefit programs for employees
- You have experience presenting to and persuading senior leaders on benefits related topics
- Experience in HRIS systems and understanding how to leverage these systems to effectively administer benefit programs
- You have a bachelor's degree with at least 5 years of experience in the design and administration of benefit programs
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.