Senior HR Business Partner at Unity Technologies
Unity is growing fast! As a Senior HR Business Partner in San Francisco you will be a trusted and strategic partner, driving strategy and aligning business objectives with employees and management. You will drive operational plans for the organizations that you partner with, working in partnership with key stakeholders (Finance, People Operations, Strategy, Recruiting, Learning & Development).
Our HR team provides proactive solutions for a broad scope of business activities, from employee relations, performance management, and compliance to compensation and benefits. You will support our company’s rapid growth globally. Reporting to the Human Resources Director for Americas, our ideal candidate would understand what it means to support a rapidly growing global organization. You will use your real time problem-solving skills to thrive in an environment that is entrepreneurial and oriented to achieving great things.
You will ensure alignment on initiatives and priorities, maintain open and transparent lines of communication, and keep our employees and teams thriving and well supported. This person will also work closely with Unity’s Recruitment team to ensure headcount and growth is on target and aligned with overall company objectives.
- Build and execute HR strategy
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people related strategy and execution
- Provide insights to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions
- Provide expertise and coach managers on appropriate people management best practices, i.e. org design, performance management, reward & recognition, and exit strategies
- Build and maintain employee morale and culture
- Be the glue that brings all relevant information from all over the world to help drive change and translate best practice
- Develop a strong relationship with all relevant external partners such as finance and recruiting to ensure all budgets and headcount are executed towards plan
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Expert in California labor laws
- Experience in a strategic HR role, working directly with senior level management, preferably having partnered with a Sales organization
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions, and exercise judgment with sensitive/ confidential issues
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution, relationship and team building skills, and a demonstrated ability to influence others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Passionate about the employee and manager experience—it’s always top of mind for you. We solve for their experience, not ours
- Hungry to try new and creative approaches. We don’t want traditional solutions unless they happen to be the best ones. You know all the latest solutions and have a point of view on their value
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations. The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.