Senior Manager, HR Operations
The successful Sr Manager of HR Operations will lead the core HR operations of our growing company while contributing to our high-performance company culture through strong ethical values, sound business judgment, and the execution of employee-oriented programs. As a key member of our People Leadership team, you will lead a team that is responsible for HRIS and other systems and tools used in HR, onboarding and acclimating new talent into the organization, ensuring compliance with employment regulations and policies across all geographies, leveraging our current tools, and being the face of HR for employee inquiries across these areas. The role will report directly to the Head of People.About you:
- You’re a culture-keeper, a confidante, and a trusted advisor...all in one.
- You’re results oriented, analytical, collaborative and organized
- You’re a problem solver and always looking for more efficient and effective ways of doing things
Provide direction, leadership and development for the HR Operations team to ensure the greatest effectiveness and efficiency in the support and maintenance of HR data, systems and processes, including:
- HRIS, Workflows, HR systems
- Optimize HR systems to meet workforce requirements creating opportunities for automation, reduction of manual processes, and simple, compliant processes. Leverage current HR systems to monetize our investments.
- Lead the execution of system upgrades and updates from analysis through implementation.
- Establish and/or strengthen relationships with key HR vendors to maximize value for the services they provide.
- Ensure absolute accuracy in the HR systems and leveraging data to strategically identify trends.
- Perform analysis and identification of areas needing improvement related to HR policies and processes, including employee lifecycle transactions, data maintenance, workflows, etc
- Analyze organizational trends and metrics to review initiatives, drive expected results and identify areas for improvement.
- Manage communication and process of welcoming new talent, ensuring all required documents and acknowledgments are in place, internal files set up
- Audit offboarding tasks and ensure all records are updated in the HR system
- Compliance/employment law
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of regulations, laws and industry best practices to ensure compliance with all applicable international, federal, state, and local employment laws
- AB1825 Harassment training
- SOCII requirements
- Manage consultative services on available immigration options, provide internal guidelines, and/or education on new or changing policies
- People analytics
- Build HR metrics/reports for stakeholders across the company, including senior leadership team
- Design and administer surveys, consulting on the measurement of employee experiences and sentiments, and advising partners on the use of HR data.
- Be a key leader and active partner with various sub-teams across the People Organization and CircleCI broadly – HRBPs, Recruiting, Compensation & Benefits, Payroll/Finance, IT, etc.
- Gather agreement with stakeholders before implementing the initiatives, mitigate risk and manage situations that result in the best possible outcomes for the company, teams and people.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in HR Operations Management
- Previous experience leading an HR Operations team (hyper-growth stage a plus)
- System thinking orientation – comfortable viewing problems and challenges holistically the ability to consider all interdependencies before action
- Deep expertise in employment laws and regulations, including international law; with an eye toward process optimization for scaling
- A proven effective leader with strong management skills, high EQ, and an inclusive and collaborative approach to working with others
- A data-driven approach to decision making and problem-solving
- Genuine comfort in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment as we manage our hyper-growth
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and driving projects to completion; organized and meets deadlines in a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment
- Knowledge of SOCII, privacy and other compliance protocols
- Technologically astute with experience of a variety of HR systems
- Bachelor’s degree, SHRM-CP or SPHR/PHR certification preferred
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.