Shift is looking to hire a leader for our People Operations organization, tasked with making Shift the best place to work for our employees. The most successful candidates will bring a high level of enthusiasm, desire to build a world class People Operations function and serve as a strategic partner for our executive team. Managing a team of three, our Senior Manager of People Operations will be tasked with the continued maturation of Shift’s HR processes, cultivating a positive culture for all employees and overseeing employee engagement efforts.. Given the size and stage of Shift, this is a special opportunity for a people operations professional to step into a growing startup and reshape the direction of our people operations function.
What you’ll do
- Develop and lead a small, but high performing People Operations Team
- Own, design and manage new hire onboarding for our teams ensuring new team members have a successful ramp up with Shift
- Review existing systems, tools and processes and develop and implement new changes to improve and streamline existing HR operations
- Collaborate with people ops team members and execute on company-wide programs and initiatives including performance management, recognition etc.
- Partner with the executive team to construct and execute strategic roadmaps and plans to uphold the organization’s mission, vision and values
- Be a collaborative leader with the recruiting team to help with key recruiting initiatives including university recruiting program, diversity strategy
- Work with functional heads and managers to ensure we're always thinking about how to invest in our people
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years of total experience, including 5 years of acting as an HR Business partner and at least 3 years of HR management experience working closely with the executive team. Preferably within fast growing start up.
- Demonstrated track record of building people operations functions, change management and improving employee engagement.
- Excitement around building an employee experience including on-boarding, performance reviews, leaves of absence, and off-boarding processes that feels efficient and well-planned to employees.
- A curiosity and passion to learn a lot, improve processes, and make Shift an awesome place to work
- Team player, always willing to jump in and help out other teams when needed
- A friendly approach and willingness to take on multiple projects