Senior Manager, Workforce Planning
DoorDash is looking for a Sr Manager, Workforce Planning to help our customer support team scale to meet the rapid growth of our international last-mile logistics platform. You will help reimagine how we scale and staff to support our most important Consumers, Dashers, and Merchants. Your role will involve a mix of project ownership, strategic thinking and the ability to operationalize complex staffing solutions quickly.
You will have played an essential role in managing Service level agreements for a large complex organization. You will be able to apply your experience and industry know-how to help set and execute against a workforce strategy, own projects from start to end, and will work cross functionally with our product and analytics teams.
You will report to DoorDash’s Director of Workforce Planning and is based in either San Francisco or Phoenix.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure our global network of 7,000+ outsourced support agents are being scheduled and deployed as efficiently as possible
- Ensure our in-house onshore agents are being scheduled and deployed as efficiently as possible
- Plan and scale for 1-2X year over year growth
- Own and execute against WFP initiatives and projects from start to end
- Identify opportunities for improving support staffing, both offshore and onshore, external and in-house
- Own both the high level SLAs and but also the timely response to outages or staffing misses
- Implement technology and tools that will assist in making data-driven real time staffing decisions
- Bring to life DoorDash’s core value, ‘Bias to Action’, by responding to challenges with a data-driven first-principles approach
- You are a talented business leader with a track record of success in a demanding operating environment
- You can move between the 10,000 foot level and the 100 foot level of data
- You have 5+ years of professional experience as it relates to workforce planning, customer support, and technology
- You’re action-oriented, never letting great be the enemy of the good
- You stay oriented to the goal you’re trying to achieve and act with urgency to achieve it
- You’re collaborative and will quickly develop strong, productive and collegial relationships with our key internal stakeholders
- You have an understanding of the tools and techniques necessary to staff agents to meet desired SLAs at the lowest cost possible
- You can leverage a range of tools to build and communicate data-driven recommendations; Excel a must, SQL a plus
- Experience managing workforce projects from start to finish
- Experience managing people a strong plus
- BA/BS in an applicable discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.