Affirm is searching for a Senior People Business Partner to help support the growth and scale of our Engineering function. In this role, you will support our employees, managers and leaders with people programs spanning talent development, performance management and employee engagement and more. You will assist in providing coaching and guidance to leadership and managers to drive solutions with deep and detailed understanding of Affirm's business and culture. Affirm is a remote-first company, so this role is eligible to work from anywhere in the US.
What You'll Do
- Act as an advocate and strategic partner to employees, managers and leaders within Affirm's Engineering function.
- Understand business strategy and provide consultative support to drive key people priorities (assess, present findings/solutions, test, iterate and measure).
- Coach and build manager capabilities to navigate critical programs including onboarding, performance management, engagement, compensation and organizational development.
- Partner with Talent, People Operations and Compensation to communicate and drive People programs across client groups.
- Build high performing teams through facilitating off-sites, engagement survey action planning, new leader assimilation and team effectiveness exercises.
- Drive diversity, inclusion and culture within client groups by partnering with Affirm's DEI team, while engaging leaders in high-impact action plans and tracking progress.
- Look for opportunities to develop consistent and equitable solutions that can be scaled across the organization.
- Deeply understand the specific business and talent needs (i.e. headcount, timeline, level, competencies) of the organization to propose and drive new People initiatives that align with those business needs.
- Consult with leaders and teams to enhance their team members' performance and overall organizational effectiveness.
What We Look For
- 7+ years in People related roles with 5+ years experience as a People Generalist or similar role.
- Prior experience as a BP is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience of coaching leaders through performance management and employee relations issues.
- Intellectual curiosity about people and organizational issues.
- Experience establishing relationships as a trusted advisor to executive team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Strong project management, change management, problem solving and analytical skills.
- A doer mentality with the ability to translate vision into action.
- Previous experience working in fast-paced environments and helping organizations scale.
Location - Remote U.S.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.