Senior Talent Sourcer, Sales & Marketing at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Our Talent Team is responsible for creating the future of Planet. Yes, the people behind us realizing our mission. We help create balance at the team level, so we can ensure all voices are represented when designing and executing on our strategy. As a Sourcer for the sales and marketing divisions, your mission will be to research and attract some of the top GTM professionals around the world with a keen eye on values alignment, diversity, and culture add.
You will be assisting with our impact to humanitarian efforts around the world, unlocking a new frontier in our journey as a company. We are especially excited to talk with folks who understand how to authentically develop relationships with candidates in the immediate and long term.
This full time position is available to remote work in select regions of the United States
Impact You’ll Own:
- Conduct ethical and responsible direct outreach to prospect candidates in domains such as sales, customer success, professional services, technical support, etc.
- Develop a host of target companies and locations we should approach through research and analysis of the market
- Leverage talent tech stack to ensure candidate relationship data is organized and accessible so we can develop long term relationships
- Report out on weekly activities and metrics and make recommendations for strategy pivots if needed
- Mentor junior members of the team in sourcing and researching best practices
What You Bring:
- A drive and passion for our mission to use space to help life on Earth
- Extensive experience with sourcing, preferably in sales, marketing, and GTM
- A special way with words -- your conversion rates are through the roof
- Efficient with time management and know how to shift priorities when necessary
- Strong understanding of diversity sourcing best practices and the results to show for it
- Experience working within an agile and constantly evolving environment
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Advanced skills in Boolean, Sheets, LinkedIn Recruiter and Greenhouse
- Experience in Space Tech or other hardware engineering heavy environments
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Compensation (Colorado Applicants Only):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $81,000 - $143,100. This role is eligible for equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.#LI-REMOTE