Sr Manager of People Partnering at Udemy
| San Francisco
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:08 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, October 17, 2020
We are currently seeking a Sr. Manager, People Partnering. As a key member of our People Partner team, you will work closely with the business leaders on strategic people and org decisions, engagement, employee development, diversity, policy, compensation, and performance management initiatives. You’ll lead others on the People Partner team to help translate business strategy into people strategy and to ensure those functions are executing and thriving at scale. The ideal candidate is someone who likes to be strategic but is also willing to roll-up their sleeves and do great work.
What you'll be doing:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Sr Leadership and their teams by providing effective and thoughtful advice and coaching
- Lead and mentor other members of our People Partner team and establish effective coaching practices within the group to ensure excellence in delivery of HR services
- Provide leadership for the implementation of People programs, policies and processes across client groups.
- Ensure alignment of HR related programs, processes, and projects with strategic business objectives including feedback cycles, career development plans, mentorship programs, employee survey action plans and Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Collaborate closely with our Learning functions to assess, create and implement solutions for your client group
- Support recruiting team at all levels including resource planning and headcount management
- Be well-versed in HR best practices and look for continuous improvement
- Serve as a key member of the team and ambassador for our company
- Own special cross-functional projects
We're excited about you because you'll have:
- 8+ years of experience in a People Partner role in a fast moving, dynamic company.
- 2+ years management experience
- BA/BS or relevant experience that demonstrates ability to influence business outcomes through the development of peopleStrong competency within the HR function including employee relations, resource management, compliance, communications, and change management
- Strong analytical capabilities and an ability to influence managers/leaders with data-driven recommendations to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience
- Strong understanding and ability to be highly productive and influential in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Excellent written and verbal communication
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description