TIP: Senior Human Resources Generalist at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This position is through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of HR, we are looking for a Sr. HR Generalist to support the HRBP team during maternity leave coverage. We are seeking a trusted advisor to help build a culture of engagement and drive business results by delivering measurable and sustained value-added solutions.
You will be a point of contact on numerous day-to-day HR matters alongside the HRBP team. Are you a champion of driving diversity, inclusiveness and belonging in the workplace? Are you able to manage multiple work streams and are strong in building process documentation? If you said yes to any of these, you can make a meaningful contribution in this role.
This is a full-time contract and is expected to go at least through the 3rd Quarter of 2021.
- Create documentation and standardization of our HR processes
- Provide support in driving and executing HR initiatives as well as anticipating HR-related needs and partnering across the business
- Manage key HR end-to-end processes including leave of absences, employee support programs, employee communications and performance management
- Support HRBP team on administrative and compliance-related tasks
- Be an impartial steward for the organization, advocating for employees and the business, and modelling our values
- Drive coaching and development at the line level
Must Haves (Required Skills):
- Minimum of 5+ years of dynamic Human Resources experience in a technology-related or fast-paced environment
- Project Management experience
- Strong communication and influencing skills; effective listener possessing the ability to connect and influence actions and outcomes with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Substantial HR experience: you have in-depth knowledge of HR laws, strategies, policies, and practices. Additionally, you're eager to try new and creative approaches.
- A forward-thinking approach coupled with a keen sense of organization
- Able to work during Pacific Standard Time business hours
Nice to Haves (Not Required):
- A consistent track record of strong business partnership within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- You are a dedicated HR professional in putting ideas into practice and assessing results
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a company’s evolving stages and needs
- Has built HR standard operating procedures and/or experience building an HR Playbook
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.