Vice President, People at Grammarly
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a VP of People to be responsible for our global People function, including both recruiting and engagement/HR. Reporting directly to the CEO, Grammarly’s VP of People will drive the vision and strategy of the People function along with related implementation, ensuring Grammarly has the team in place to deliver on our goals and long-term vision.
Responsibilities and objectives of the VP of People include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating teamwide to meet our recruiting objectives.
- Building a People Operations function capable of empowering our managers and team to reach their goals.
- Building a world-class HR Business Partner function to help our organization and our management team scale a highly engaged and inclusive team.
- Serving as a key thought partner—advising, coaching, and influencing the CEO and Grammarly’s leadership team on matters of talent, succession, people development, and compensation.
- Implementing an analytical, scalable, data-based approach to building Grammarly’s organization, aligning business objectives with broader People strategies.
- Building programs supporting diversity and inclusion at scale into our systems and processes.
We’re looking for someone who
- Deeply understands and embodies our EAGER values:
- Ethical (Be honorable and earn trust by doing the right thing every time, even when no one is watching).
- Adaptable (Embrace change to evolve and succeed with a positive, problem-solving attitude).
- Gritty (Focus and persevere to achieve long-term goals by doing what it takes to get the job done, whenever it’s necessary).
- Empathetic (Treat others as they want to be treated and collaborate by actively listening to put yourselves in their shoes, and then respond accordingly).
- Remarkable (Always be learning and be humble to continually improve, seeking out mentors and learning opportunities).
- Can connect with people at all levels of our organization.
- Will apply a strategic view with analytics to effectively plan for the future.
- Can ideate and iterate effective HR processes company-wide.
- Can collaborate cross-functionally with managers in every function.
- Will apply first-hand experience leading and managing teams to coach managers and executives.
- Can facilitate organizational change and discussions as we evolve.
- Has a clear point of view and interest in diversity and inclusion.
- Can apply experience working with global teams.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.