VP of Talent at DoorDash
The VP of Talent at DoorDash is accountable for developing and driving our recruiting strategy to support rapid growth, geographic and business expansion. As a senior leader at DoorDash, you will act as a strategic partner for leaders across the company to identify talent needs, implement sourcing solutions, deliver innovative programs for diversity recruitment and drive the team to deliver against our bold and dynamic hiring plans.
You will operate as a member of our People Leadership Team (PLT) and report to our Chief People Officer. This position is located at DoorDash’s HQ in San Francisco, CA.
You're Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will...
- Lead DoorDash’s recruiting and sourcing strategy with a focus on acquiring top diverse talent to meet our current and future hiring needs
- Attract, develop and retain top recruiting leaders, recruiters, sourcers and coordinators
- Develop and implement hiring forecasting capabilities, recruiting, sourcing and coordination team capacity models and reporting and analytics rigor to track key recruiting metrics and measure progress against team OKRs (objectives and key results)
- Deliver ongoing reports to track results, impact, hiring quality and cost-effectiveness of the Recruiting team
- Use information to detect trends/insights and adjust the strategy to optimize the impact of the team
- Provide expert guidance to our leaders and hiring managers to attract, select, onboard, and retain highly-skilled diverse candidates
- Lead and mentor all members of the Recruiting team with a focus on people management capability, industry knowledge and innovation
- Design, implement and maintain processes, tools, and systems needed to scale and support the recruiting team in the short and long-term
- Develop and manage an annual budget and make trade-offs to accommodate shifting business needs and resourcing requirements
- Experiment and take risks to drive innovative and creative solutions
- Provide direction and consultation on emerging trends impacting and influencing attraction and acquisition within critical talent segments
We’re Excited About You Because...
- You are an authentic, inspiring and hands-on leader with global experience driving, building and scaling recruiting in hyper-growth environments
- You are a beacon for the best recruiters and sourcers--they seek you out and will follow you anywhere
- You build trusted relationships with people across the company at all levels, across all functions and in all geographies
- You have a bias for action and have an inner drive and fierce commitment to excel in the pursuit of business goals
- You possess a penchant for seeking out new experiences, knowledge and candid feedback and an openness to learning and change
- You demonstrate a knack for authentically using emotion and logic to communicate a vision and connect with people in a genuine and human way
- You have the courage to take on difficult goals and bounce back from adversity in the face of challenges
- You have 15+ years of recruiting/sourcing or equivalent business experience, with at least 5 years of experience leading large, high-performing teams within a hyper-growth environment at progressive companies
- You have an understanding of technology and/or logistics industries and extensive experience leading in-house, geographically dispersed recruiting/sourcing teams
- You're skilled at using data and analytics to develop insights and drive decisions
- You have a strong point of view on how diversity and inclusion play a key role in a company’s success, track record of leading teams to achieve diversity recruiting goals and proven success working with internal and external diversity partners
- You have adaptable and superior communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) at all levels (IC to Exec/BOD)
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3000 cities across the United States, Canada and Australia. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.