We are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer Intern to join the Operate Solutions team at Unity. Our advertising and In-App Purchasing solutions and technologies are deployed in hundreds of thousands of apps used by hundreds of millions of users every day. This generates massive data sets that need to be mined for valuable insights in order to understand how to continue to drive this fast growing business and support our developer community.
The Business Intelligence team is viewed as the first-line of defense when problems and curiosities arise, and you will be providing crucial reporting tools and data sets that are the backbone of the decision making process for sales and product teams. Your day-to-day will consist of building data pipelines and dashboards, running ad-hoc reports, digging into issues, finding opportunities to improve operational efficiency and being a general go-to person for the Unity Operate Solutions organization.
- Coordinating with stakeholders, gathering requirements, identifying data sources, developing ETLs and aggregated data sets, designing and delivering dashboards, and performing ad hoc analyses
- Providing data documentation in an easily understood way to both technical and non-technical parts of the business
- Supporting the design and implementation of BI tools to be used across the company, specifically Looker
- Understanding complex product and business questions and challenges and relating them to the data
- Exploring our vast data sets to identify and investigate new opportunities and efficiencies
- Current student pursuing a degree in computer science, data analytics, business intelligence, or equivalent and returning to the degree program after the completion of the internship for at least one semester.
- Solid understanding of SQL (BigQuery a plus)
- Knowledge of ETLs
- Understanding of data visualization, dashboarding and analytical report building (Looker, Tableau or similar)
- Ability to explain technical concepts and analysis clearly to a wide audience, as well as translate sometimes ambiguous data requests into clear action items and requirements.
- Experience with LookML
- Experience with Python
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.