Experience Design Internship / Co-Op (Fall 2021) at Zipline
Note: This is a paid opportunity.
If you deeply believe design and storytelling could bring teams together, advance a mission, and create impact in every interaction, this role would be a perfect opportunity for you to experiment and show your talent.
As a customer-obsessed company, Zipline stays extremely close to our African customers and frontline teams. As a continuous effort to bring all these stories to our US office and team, this design intern role will work closely with our Customer Experience team based in Rwanda, Ghana, and Nigeria to come up with creative ways to design installations & touchpoints in our space. This role will also create design assets upon requests to serve our African team directly for campaign and ad hoc initiatives.
You will be expected to stretch your skills to experiment with new formats and media. You will gather feedback from all Zipliners to inform iterations. It is the first time Zipline includes design capabilities in our space and culture-building, and you will be cared for and challenged!
- Brainstorming creative ways to make our workspace feel more globally mindful--bridging physical distances between our various locations to make Zipliners feel united.
- Design assets for the Customer Experience team in Africa upon request.
- Experiment in as many ways as possible to bring more customer stories into our space that the team here can truly engage with.
- Interact with Zipline frontline operators and US-based team to collect feedback to inform your design concepts.
- Creatively document your own intern experience and snippets of Zipliners’ lives.
- You have deep design skills in one or two areas, but you can also easily expand to other domains. Examples of design skills include but are not limited to:
- You have a taste and POV on what type of design could engage people in new ways.
- You are a good listener and observer. You have deep empathy for people you are designing for. You will be able to iterate the design concepts based on such observation and feedback collected.
- You are a hands-on, resourceful person who’s driven to get things off the ground.
- You can act on ad hoc design requests quickly to serve the African frontline Customer Experience team.
- You are agile, able to lean into chaos, and excited about embracing positive change.
- You can communicate effectively and build strong relationships with internal teams.
- Belief that access matters and that we can and will provide access to essential medical supplies for every person on the planet!