Fivestars is seeking a Summer 2020 FP&A / Strategic Finance Intern (June-July) to join our Finance Team. This role will work closely with cross-functional teams to create and distribute financial reports, work on strategic projects, and provide ad hoc analysis for the organization. You will also have the opportunity to own and create a model that will be presented to the senior Finance leadership team at the end of the internship.
Who you are
You’re currently pursuing a degree in Finance, Businesses, Economics or a related field and want to solve complex and interesting problems. You demonstrate a high level of curiosity and thirst for learning. You are a strong team player who wants to contribute to a product that impacts the lives of business owners and consumers alike. A successful candidate for this position will have excellent modeling and building skills, strong attention to detail, suburb commission skills, and the ability to partner with various teams within the company. This is a remote, paid internship (30 hours/week).
What you’ll do
- Support Strategic Finance and FP&A teams in key analyses and deliverables
- Create and distribute monthly financial reporting and variance analysis
- Work with cross-functional teams on projects (ex. tracking and measuring the success of new sales channels)
- Assist in developing ad hoc model builds for strategic analysis
- Create a model to be used for staffing and related expense projections
- Assist in developing finance and business presentations and related supporting materials for senior leadership
- Communicate issues, risks, bugs and testing progress in a detailed and timely manner
- Help to ensure budget and forecast accuracy in Netsuite
What we’re looking for
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or Economics required
- Preliminary understanding of financial modeling and financial statements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and GSuite
- High attention to detail and accuracy and strong analytical skills required
- Ability to work independently, maintain tight deadlines, solve problems quickly, creatively and proactively
- Remain flexible in a constantly changing environment with changing requirements
- Work ethic that exudes integrity, accountability, and professionalism
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to partner cross-functionally
At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. Fivestars drives over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.