The modern world runs on the Internet, and the Internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
Our Hardware Team leads all products and control every aspect of creation. From architecture and initial sketches through detailed design and the final drive to mass and sustaining production, nothing escapes the Hardware team's sphere of influence and responsibility.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and encouraging workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.What we look for in all intern/co-op candidates:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, ECE, EE, ME or STEM related field (in progress)
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Proactive learners who can quickly pick up working in multiple frameworks, languages and environments
- Hardworking teammates
- Continually able to learn from experience and eager for feedback
- Previous internship or large scale project experience
Meraki interns join the team for 12 or 16 week programs and are placed directly onto subteams. During the program, interns have the opportunity to work on a small starter project, such as integration and implementation of new tools, before spending the majority of the program on a larger project, such as building the infrastructure for a wireless device. Projects are cross functional, which allow insight into new languages and technologies, help encourage professional growth within engineering, and allow a sense of ownership within the team.
Meraki’s engineering teams place a high emphasis on mentorship. Each intern is matched 1:1 with a mentor who provides continual feedback and guidance throughout the duration of the program. Mentors help with introductions to other team members, overviews of tools and processes, and provide a seamless integration into Meraki life.Examples of Previous Projects:
- Hardware Program Manager for an emerging product starting at the early technical Engineering Validation Testing Phase
- Project manager through the PVT stages up to MP
- Exploration towards a new research-based platform using bring-up, firmware, and UI development
- Housing assistance in San Francisco for duration of program
- Competitive salary
- Weekly social events inside and outside of the office (Giants games, Exploratorium tickets, friendly soccer games)
- Lunch and dinner daily
- Customized laptop and desk setups
- Medical coverage plans
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.