Intern - Accounts Payable (Fall 2021) at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is seeking a hands-on, self-motivated, and team-oriented Accounts Payable intern. We are looking for a full-time (40 hours per week) intern who will be supporting the Finance team in a variety of different areas.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assist in month-end reconciliations
- Assist in the day-to-day procure-to-pay process
- Collaborate with the Finance team in forecasting efforts
- Engage in process improvement efforts for efficiency and accuracy
The ideal candidate must be someone who:
- Is looking to gain hands-on experience in Accounting and Finance
- Is a proactive self-starter
- Possesses a can-do attitude
- Is meticulous in getting numbers right
- At least one previous internship experience in a similar role
- Excel proficiency is a plus
- Basic understanding of Financial and Accounting Principles
- Detail-oriented with the ability to exceed expectations
- Flexible with the ability to work autonomously in a demanding and ambiguous environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.