Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Business Development Interns are experts at partner acquisition and providing our partners/merchants with comprehensive onboarding support. Our interns are primarily responsible for the merchant acquisition cycle, from sourcing to onboarding. This position will also support the Business Development team in revenue growth activities from existing and new merchant partners.
What You'll Do:
- Prospecting new partners and expanding our merchant base, while developing and maintaining positive relationships with existing merchants
- Analyze and leverage external and internal data to identify potential business improvements and propose business expansion areas
- Gather and analyze appropriate merchant data in order to discover trends of successful merchant behavior
- Provide support for merchants via email and telephone
- Effectively handle and resolve merchant concerns and support issues
- Communicate relevant merchant complaints or inquiries
- Conduct market research and perform competitor analyses to understand where Wish stands within e-commerce trends
- Fluency in Japanese (written and verbal)
- Previous experience in a similar marketing/sales role
- Experience in SQL is a plus
- Great role for current students with previous internship experience
- Detail-oriented and relentlessly resourceful
- Knowledge of the online shopping industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Team oriented but with the ability to work independently
- Flexibility and ability to work autonomously in a demanding and ambiguous environment
- Excellent customer service ethic with ability to focus on the job at hand
- Available to work 40 hours a week (January through to mid-April)
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.