Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Our WishX team embodies the company’s approach to innovation. It functions as an internal incubator for new business ideas and is empowered to take calculated risks, think creatively, and embrace different perspectives. By constantly iterating and deploying, we have the freedom and flexibility to try out new ideas and work toward the best solutions.
More than ever, brick and mortar retail stores are struggling due to shifting consumer trends and the migration to online shopping. At Wish, we believe that through the application of technology, data science and innovative thinking, we can strengthen communities and stimulate local businesses by giving them access to hundreds of millions of new consumers, and changing the way in which the world shops.
We launched Wish Local (www.wish.com/local) in early 2019 and Wish Wholesale (https://wishwholesale.com/) in 2020 to help small and medium businesses grow and thrive, and today with over 50,000 store partners across 40 countries, we know we’re on the right path. This is an exciting opportunity to join a program that’s still in its early stages to help grow and shape the development of it, and to make a meaningful impact on small business owners all over the world.
What you'll be doing:
- Help scale the Wish Wholesale program and provide assistance at industry, partner events and business associations
- Support the creation and execution of short- and long-term inbound and outbound sales strategy
- Work with the team to build market position by assisting with locating, developing, defining, and closing new business relationships
- Assist in managing and retaining relationships with existing clients
- Demonstrate analytical thinking and leverage data to drive decision-making
- Provide support in managing technical and operational hurdles in new retailers on-boarding
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with relevant internal stakeholders
- Support the generation of new and existing client quote follow up and quote optimization with agents
- Screen potential business deals by helping to analyze market strategies, deal requirements, and financials
- Cold call new and potential buyers using lead lists, and assist in developing the business with outreach and warm calls to new prospects based on fit
- At least one previous internship experience in a business development, marketing, sales, or similar role. Experience with identifying leads and converting to active accounts, a plus.
- Proficiency in CRM systems (Salesforce) a plus
- Working towards Bachelor's Degree in business administration, marketing, or equivalent
- Knowledge of the online shopping industry, particularly with B2B/Wholesale retail is critical
- Highly competitive, detail-oriented, relentlessly resourceful
- Some background with retail math, and working with retail buyers is important and appreciated
- Personal presence with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management;
- Team-oriented with the ability to work independently and in an ambiguous environment
- Experience demonstrating some ability to negotiate
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.