Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Global Talent & Belonging team is a vital force within the company tasked to attract and empower the next wave of our workforce. We look after Recruiting, Talent Brand, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB). Recognizing the unique moment we are in on this Planet, we have doubled down on our commitments to creating a healthy culture where everyone has an equitable opportunity to belong and succeed. We are excited to offer a unique opportunity for a student to witness and engage in our journey to enable more equitable systems. You will get to collaborate with all members of our team and will also have the opportunity to join and help produce key DEIB programming and events.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Participate in team ideation sessions and standups, Racial Justice Action Group and Belonging Taskforce meetings among other Employee Resource Group experiences
- Conduct internal research to measure effectiveness of current programs and initiatives
- Conduct external research and present findings on case studies of some of the most successful equitable systems, inclusion recruiting and accessibility initiatives in tech
- Collaborate with key members of the team to create Planet’s first ever Diversity and Belonging website
- Coordinate various discussions and experiences that aim to invite people in to talk about key topics relating to our work in DEIB
- Write and produce internal and external blogs that document key aspects of our work in DEIB
What You Bring:
- A passion for our mission to Use Space to Help Life on Earth
- A strong personal connection with work in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Ongoing educational pursuits in sociology, psychology, organizational development or related discipline
- Unique creative talents in any of the following: copywriting, visual design or video production (or strong willingness to grow these skills!)
- Previous organizing and/or advocacy experience
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.#LI-REMOTE#LI-TK1