Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform with global reach. Our mission is to give everyone access to the most affordable, convenient, and effective shopping mall in the world. Through the Wish platform, we are creating a relevant, entertaining, and personalized shopping experience for each individual consumer.
Wish is looking for a full-time General Ledger Intern Accountant (“Intern Accountant”) who will work closely with the general ledger team for the fall. The Intern Accountant will assist the general team with month-end journal entries, reconciliations of accounts, and other ad-hoc projects deemed necessary. The Intern Accountant will report directly to the Senior Financial Reporting Manager.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with the preparation of schedules required for monthly journal entries associated cash, prepaid amortization, and fixed Asset depreciation
- Assist and support the general ledger accountants with the preparation of monthly reconciliation schedules
- Assist the general ledger team in documenting and updating process narratives and policies for the current fiscal year
- Assist in Coordinating meetings with department heads or owners regarding process improvements
- Assist in the preparation of schedules to support inquiries from management in conjunction with the Company’s month end cycle
- Assist with Ad Hoc monthly projects
- Participate in departmental meetings with the emphasis in documenting the meetings key points
Who You Are:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Self-starter with ability thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Demonstrates high degree of accuracy
- Experienced and exceptional understanding of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent communication skills
- Available to intern full time in the fall term (September - December)
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description